Located near historic St. Mary's City and the Patuxent Naval Base, Chesapeake Shores, a 117-bed skilled nursing facility, is near the center city of Lexington Park, Maryland. This center is 12 miles away from St. Mary's Hospital. Located in a country setting, the center provides a homelike environment and a resident-dedicated staff. Chesapeake Shores offers a comprehensive approach to health care that embraces a wide spectrum of expertise, from expert rehabilitative services and short-term respite care to short and long-term skilled nursing services. Residents, families, community members, staff and friends are all a part of the family atmosphere at Chesapeake Shores. The dedicated staff strives to encompass all members of a residents family and community in their day-to-day programs and special events. The foundation of the Chesapeake Shores approach is a simple philosophy: Respect for every resident's uniqueness. Here, residents participate in the leisure activities they enjoy with close supervision and gentle encouragement from compassionate caregivers.
Are you looking for a little more creativity, challenge, and growth opportunity in your workday? Didn’t think it was possible? Might be time to reconsider.
At Signature HealthCARE, our team members are permitted – no, encouraged – to employ their talents and abilities to solve problems. Our culture is built on three distinct pillars: Learning, Spirituality and Intra-preneurship. But this isn’t just hollow corporate sloganeering. Each pillar has its own staff and initiatives, ensuring that our unique culture permeates the entire organization.
Oh, by the way, we’re an elder care company. Our mission? To radically change the landscape of long-term care forever.
We’re currently hiring for the position of Activities Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist in the development, organization, and implementation of a program of activities to meet the social, emotional, physical and other therapeutic needs of residents as identified on the plan of care and within the specified budget.
* Assist in the initiation and promotion of activities both within the facility and outside the facility, as weather permits, ensuring the safety and well-being of each resident at all times.
* Develop and distribute a monthly calendar of events. Provide a copy of the calendar in each resident’s room, and at least one large calendar prominently displayed in the facility.
* High school diploma or GED required or equivalent related work experience.
* Six (6) months to one (1) year experience or related experience performing activity related duties.
* Willing to enroll in a training course for activities within six (6) months of employment.
* Knowledge of the aging process and various resident activities.
* Ability to assume leadership role in the Activity Department in the absence of the Activity Director.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.