This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Anesthesia Support. Assists Anesthesiologist and CRNA's in the preparation and maintenance of all anesthesia monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems. Assists in the management of equipment and supplies required for the administration of Anesthesia.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Assists Anesthesia provider in basic equipment preparation and between case turnovers consistent with competency evaluation.
2. Assists Anesthesia provider the set up and application of intravenous fluid consistent with competency evaluation.
3. Assists Anesthesia provider with maintenance, acquisition of and application of airway equipment consistent with competency evaluation.
4. Assists Anesthesia provider with acquisition and application of invasive line placement consistent with competency evaluation.
5. Assists Anesthesia provider with performing basic laboratory point of care testing for arterial blood gas analysis, blood coagulation test, serum glucose test, serum electrolytes test consistent with competency evaluation.
6. Performs Anesthesia maintenance consistent with competency evaluation.
7. Sets up Cell Saver for collection consistent with competency.
8. Assists Manager of Anesthesia Support with logistics to include inventory ordering and stocking of Anesthesia equipment and supplies.
9. Assists Anesthesia provider with transport of surgical patients as needed.
10. Performs Biological Testing and sterilization with Steris System One.
11. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: High School Diploma. EMT or prior hospital patient care preferred. CPR required
2. Licensure / Certifications: American Heart Association HS (Heart Saver) required.
3. Experience: One (1) year experience related to clinical monitoring preferred.
4. Must pass certification exam (ASATT) within 12 months after first two years of experience as Anesthesia Tech I. Failure to pass exam within twelve months will result in termination.