To maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established procedures and as directed by supervisor; assure that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements::
* Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
* Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions and make decisions
* Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community officials, State officials, and general public.
* Must have compassion for, and desire to work with, the elderly and understand their needs
* Must be able to work full or part time on a regular schedule, and on-call as needed.
* Must meet all state health requirements
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Follow laundry schedule and instructions as directed by supervisor, including but not limited to resident personal laundry items, linens, towels, blankets and other departmental laundry.
* Ensure all residents’ personal laundry is laundered separately and labeled appropriately.
* Ensure residents’ personal laundry is returned to the appropriate person and location.
* Ensure laundry from other departments is cleaned appropriately and returned to the correct location.
* Assist with folding, hanging and ironing of resident or departmental laundry items.
* Submit maintenance work orders of general maintenance concerns and/or problems to Maintenance Director or Administrator.
* Report to supervisor any unsafe/hazardous conditions within the community and any needed repairs to housekeeping or other facility equipment.
* Work in concert with admissions to insure that all incoming residents’ rooms are cleaned, beds made, linens available and ready for move-in.
* Assist with housekeeping duties as directed or as needed including, but not limited to resident rooms and common areas.
* Follow soiled and clean laundry protocol as directed by supervisor.
* Follow infection control and universal precautions policy.
* Provide inventory of chemicals, supplies, linens as required.
* Log water or heat temperatures as required or requested.
* Attend in-services and staff meetings as requested.
* Keep janitor closets and laundry supply rooms clean and orderly.
* Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate by supervisor or Administrator.