Join a team that CARES for you so you can CARE for those who NEED YOU THE MOST!
Stella Maris offers an excellent benefit package that includes generous paid time off, paid holidays,
competitive healthcare benefits, 401K and tuition reimbursement. Free on-site training and CEU's offered year-round!
We provide work life balance and a free EAP program so the caregiver is cared for too!
We are currently recruiting for a fulltime LPN
for our Home Care Department.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide primary nursing care, under the supervision of the RN Case Manager assigned or Lead RN Case Manager, to assigned Home Care patients in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Makes follow-up visits to patients assigned. Uses the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, implementation and evaluation to provide physical, psycho-social and spiritual care to patients and their families. Intervenes with patients and families in crisis situations and acts as patient advocate. Performs hands on skilled care, to include changing dressings, performing catheterizations, drawing blood, changing subq catheters, administering injectable medications, disimpacting bowels, and other nursing care required by the patient at the time of the visit.
- Maintains ongoing communication as necessary to revise the plan of care to assure quality home care.
-Teaches and supervises primary caregivers and volunteers in providing care to patients and evaluates the care they provide. This includes pain control procedures, medications, use of equipment and psychosocial support.
- Coordinates some services including, social worker, chaplain, therapists, dietitian, home health aide, volunteers and physician. Facilitates continuity of care when patient is admitted to the hospice in-patient unit by phone contact with primary physician, medical director, in-patient nurse and program director and by providing care plans and medication records to the in-patient unit.
- Orders equipment, supplies and medications as needed by the patient under the order of physician and assures removal of same after death or discharge
- Writes changes in orders in a timely manner on forms specific to reimbursement sources. Records changes in notes, records and care plans as necessary.
- Documents accurately all follow-up visits and phone calls.
- Completes accurately and submits at least b-weekly all itinerary and mileage forms. Completes all charge slips for supplies used and submits to secretary at least bi-weekly. Supervises home health aide in patient's home in accordance with Federal and State regulations and documents same on patient record.
-Completes all documentation as required by agency standards, regulatory standards and standards of nursing practice.
Currently licensed as an LPN in State of Maryland.
Previous medical and surgical nursing experience preferred.
Home Care experience preferred.
Must have valid drivers' license and own transportation.
Must be able to turn and position a patient up to 200 lb.
Must be able to transfer a patient up to 200 lb. independently or with assistance available in the home.
Must be able to climb stairs.
Must be able to tolerate household allergens, e.g., pets, cigarettes, perfumes, etc.