Must be available to work 10PM-6AM
Provides residents with daily nursing care in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, facility policies as directed by the Nurse, Wellness Director or Administrator. The objective is to ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
* Be at least 16 years of age, of temperate habits and good moral character, honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
* Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
* Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within two weeks of employment.
* Demonstrates interest and/or knowledge in caring for the ill, disabled, and elderly. Must be able to deal tactfully with customers, family members, visitors, personnel etc.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must be personable, enthusiastic, and resourceful.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
* Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with residents, visitors, personnel, and support agencies.
* Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
* Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, young, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
* May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the day.
* Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc. including exposure to the (HIV) Aids and Hepatitis B viruses.
* Assure that all nursing procedures and protocols are followed in accordance with established policies, including dress code.
* Provides assistance with activities of daily living to a specific number of customers and/or as directed by the staff nurse.
* Assists in developing a written plan of care for each customer that identifies the problems/needs of the customer.
* Reports all concerns, complaints made by the customer or their family to the Executive Director.
* Makes rounds to assure customers are safe and comfortable.
* Maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
* Participates in In-service Education Programs.
* Assists in implementing and maintaining an effective orientation program that orients the new Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden to the facility, his/her department, and its policies and procedures.
* Recommends to the Wellness Director the equipment and supply needs of the department.
* Inventories and stores the new customer’s personal possessions.
* Participates in and receives the nursing report upon reporting for duty.
* Makes occupied and unoccupied beds, changes bed linens, and straightens rooms, closet, and drawers.
* Answers call lights promptly, answer telephone calls as needed and runs errands as requested.
* Obtains blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, heights and weights as needed.
* Does complete check of skin condition when dressing, undressing, turning/repositioning, etc. Reports any skin abnormalities to the Staff Nurse.
* Observes customer’s physical condition, attitude, reactions, appetite, etc., and reports any changes and/or unusual findings to the Nurse/Wellness Director so resident service plans can be updated.
* Performs personal services for customer’s (i.e., reading, writing letters, etc.) as time allows.
* Encourages customers to help themselves and promotes self-care in aiding rehabilitation.
* Assists with care of dying and expired customers.
* Reports changes in residents eating habits to the Staff Nurse.
* Wears transfer belt at all times and utilizes as needed.
* Keeps the nurses call system within easy reach of the resident.
* Reports all hazardous equipment and conditions to the Staff Nurse immediately.
* Participates in the development, maintenance and implementation of the facilitys Quality Assurance program for the Nursing Department.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.