New London Health Center is looking for a part time weekend treatment nurse.
Provide nursing care to residents as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with standards of nursing practice and regulations and as directed by the Director of Nursing.
Essential Job Functions::
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
* Assess and document resident progress in the medical record.
* Perform all preventive skin care, dressing changes, and wound care.
* Monitor turning and positioning of residents.
* Monitor the treatment of decubitus ulcers with appropriate documentation and communication to physician and family.
* Make rounds with physician, as needed, to discuss the care of residents who are currently receiving decubitus or catheter care.
* Assess weekly nutrition/hydration of residents with State I to Stage IV decubitus ulcers and evaluate and initiate additional nutritional intake as required.
* Assist in resident care planning when resident is currently being monitored by treatment nurse.
* Notify physician of new skin problems, changes of condition and when skin conditions heal.
* Obtain changes in physician’s orders as indicated by resident’s progress or lack of progress
* Communicate pertinent information about resident condition and progress to charge nurses, supervisors and Director of Nursing, as indicated.
* Maintain clean, orderly treatment cart and restock treatment supplies.
* Follow Infection Control policies and procedures
Drug/Treatment Administration and Documentation
* Administer medications and treatments accurately as ordered by the physician and according to all facility policies and procedures
* Follow facility policies and procedures for assessment, treatment and documentation of skin problems.
* Document pressure sore status weekly or more often as condition changes.
* Comply with, support and enforce all company policies related to safety and infection control procedures including the proper use of mechanical lifts and gait belts.
* Assist in monitoring the inventory of medications, medical supplies and equipment to be sure an adequate supply of skin care products are on hand to meet the needs of residents.
Residents’ Rights and Positive Relationships
* Understand, comply with and promote all rules and regulations regarding residents’ rights; promote positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information.
* Report any complaints or grievances made by residents regarding nursing or medical care to the Director of Nursing.
Other Job Functions
* Participate in educational programs for residents and their family members relative to skin care when a resident is being discharged to home.
* Attend and participate in educational activities, in-service training and staff meetings; assist in orientation and training other staff.
* Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned by the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
* RN or LPN in good standing with current State license.
* Excellent technical, assessment, and documentation skills.
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
* Basic computer knowledge and aptitude to learn company software.
* Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and the disabled.
* Perform the Essential job functions listed below, with or without reasonable accommodation.