At Mapleshire, our mission goes beyond compassion and improving care. We strive to enrich the lives of those with whom we work and serve through our principles, passion, and purpose.
Join us and benefit from the Mapleshire difference. Our core values make us unlike any other employer. If you want to be part of a family-like team who feels as passionately about serving fellow members of your community as you do, join us!
In addition to competitive wages, you’ll benefit from:
· Tuition reimbursement
· Advancement opportunities
· Paid vacation
· Health insurance
· 401(k) matching contributions
· And more!
The primary purpose of this job is to perform the day-to-day duties of the housekeeping department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator; also, to assure that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
* Perform day-to-day housekeeping tasks as assigned
* Clean, polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in residents’ rooms, recreational areas, office, etc.
* Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures; assure that watermarks are removed from fixtures
* Clean windows/mirrors in residents’ rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, entrances, and exits
* Clean floors, which includes sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, disinfecting, etc.; place appropriate caution signs in work areas
* Assist maintenance department with stripping, waxing, and buffing of floors as requested
* Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting, etc.
* Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions
* Clean hallways
* Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner; empty and clean all ashtrays
* Clean vacant rooms as assigned
* Assure that work areas are clean and equipment, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meals, and end of shift
* Perform terminal cleaning procedures, as instructed, when a resident is discharged and /or transferred to another room
* Assure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift
* Keep supervisor informed of supply needs
* Report all equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to your supervisor as soon as possible
* Assure that an adequate inventory of supplies are maintained to perform daily tasks and to meet the daily needs of the residents
* Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc., as instructed
* Keep work areas free of hazardous conditions (i.e., spills, excess laundry carts, baskets, etc.)
* Assure that established infection control and universal precaution practices are maintained when performing procedures
* Coordinate isolation procedures with nursing service
* Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to your supervisor
* Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies
* Follow established fire safety policies and procedures
* Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with our established sanitation procedures
* Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects, unnecessary equipment, supplies, etc.
* Perform other procedures that may become necessary or appropriate to assure that the facility is maintained in a safe, clean, and sanitary manner
* Utilize appropriate protective clothing/devices when performing tasks that involve the handling of infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids
* Other duties as assigned
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Ability to read, write and follow instructions h2. RESIDENTS’ RIGHTS * Maintains the confidentiality of resident’s information * Honor resident’s personal and property rights * Understands all rights afforded to residents and acts accordingly