Westminster Village is a not for profit, continuing care retirement community (CCRC) located just minutes from Geist in the Oaklandon area. Our campus is situated on 57 beautiful acres of landscaped grounds for the enjoyment of our residents and staff. Our purpose is to allow our residents to age in place while enjoying all of the amenities available to suit their interests and needs.:
The Food Services Aide helps serve meals to the residents of Westminster Village North. The Food Services Aide also assists with room setup and with cleanup duties.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Set up meal trays quickly and accurately in a neat, attractive arrangement; place food on trays according to residents’ menus, diet requirements, and food preferences; ensure that food is prepared properly and served on schedule.
* Deliver food carts to resident areas and assist with the distribution of trays when necessary; return food carts from resident areas to the dishwashing area.
* Serve late or “hold” trays.
* Prepare and/or set up simple food items (juices, salads, desserts) as directed.
* Unload soiled trays and bus tables in the dining room.
* Ensure that an adequate supply of dishes, silverware, glasses, etc., is maintained at all times.
* Wash soiled dishes, silverware, glasses, etc., ensuring proper sanitation standards.
* Clean work area and equipment such as counter tops, coffee urn, refrigerators, steam table, floor, and dish area equipment.
Independent/Assisted Living Dining Room:
* Set up tables neatly and properly prior to every meal.
* Check for guest reservations; relay information regarding reservations to the hostess/designee.
* Serve food efficiently and courteously.
* Count guest checks and record information.
* Bus tables quietly and efficiently during and after each meal.
* Sanitize all equipment after each meal; clean the counter, refrigerator, and food preparation and set-up areas; sweep the dining room floor; keep dishes, pots, and pans washed and put away during the day shift.
Independent, Assisted Living and Health Center Dishwasher:
* Clean dishes, glassware, and silverware by hand or machine, insuring at all times that wash and rinse waters are at proper temperatures, and that adequate amounts of hot water, soap, or cleaning compound are used.
* Perform general housekeeping functions in the dish room and kitchen such as, sweeping, mopping, taking out trash, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
* High school diploma or GED is preferred.
* Six (6) months to one (1) year of experience in food service is preferred.