The overall purpose of a Dietician to oversee the nutritional well-being of our residents. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of conducting nutrition assessments, identifying patients at risk and creating diet plans. You should be able to analyze the effectiveness of interventions and use metrics to implement data-driven improvements. You should also actively keep up with the latest nutritional research, integrating new findings into diet plans and nutritional services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs duties and responsibilities with assigned functional area within a nursing home facility which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
* Provide dietary services in accordance with company guidelines, state and federal laws and regulations.
* Provide on-site dietary consulting at management companys Illinois and Missouri skilled nursing communities. Overnight and day-trip travel is required.
* Review or develop nutrition plans and implement interventions based on knowledge of resident current health.
* Complete monthly, quarterly and yearly assessments of residents and adapt nutrition plans as needed.
* Implement personalized, age-specific and culturally appropriate nutrition strategies.
* Deliver resident nutrition recommendations to physicians, nurses and aides.
* Meet directly with residents to identify educational needs; provide individual instruction, utilize informational handouts/booklets, or refer to community resources as needed.
* Participating in morning meeting and care plan meetings as required
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS :
The Registered Dietician must meet the following requirements:
* At least two years of related experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or related field
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Experience with data entry and data analysis
* Strong problem solving, project management and organization skills
* Must be a Registered Dietitian
* Valid driver’s license