We are looking for someone who has assisted living or healthcare experience.
The Cook prepares large quantities of quality meals for residents in accordance with all laws, regulations, and company standards, with the understanding of portion control. The cook ensures the meals are prepared to meet the standards of the American Dietetic Association and served in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.This position also maintains excellent customer service and high quality nutritional services daily.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
* Must be able to prepare meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance, and appropriate for each resident and must follow recipes and extension sheets.
* Must be knowledgeable on ordered diets (i.e., No Concentrated Sweets (NCS), Consistent Carbohydrate Diet, (CCD)) as well as food consistency orders.
* Must report any kitchen equipment issues to the Dining Director and the Maintenance Director and contact proper repair persons/vendors when appropriate.
* Must be able to clean and inspect equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
* Must be able to monitor use of government food commodities to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
* Must be able to compile and maintain records of food use and expenditures including the taking of inventory of supplies and equipment.
* Must maintain kitchen in accordance with all state and local health department regulations and ensure the dietary department is inspection ready at all times.
* Must be available to participate in stand-up meetings.
* Must attend community in-services.
* Must complete all aspects and documentation requirements of the community Quality Assurance (QA) program, including food temperatures.
* Must welcome each new resident and comply with food likes, dislikes and allergies.
* Must assist in the training as assigned of selected Dining Services personnel while demonstrating a positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude.
* Must supervise dining department staff in absence of Dining Director.
* Must assist in planning and catering inside and outside community events.
* Must address residents in a respectful manner, addresses family/resident issues immediately by reporting them to the Dining Director.
* Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
* Comply with the Residents’ Rights and Community Policies and Procedures.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
* Must ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding resident’s rights and confidentiality, HIPPA.
Skills and Abilities:
* Prefer High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
* Prefer one to two years related experience in preparing and cooking food in large quantities.
* Must be Serve-Safe Certified or willing to obtain it.
* Must be dependable, regular attendance including weekends and holidays.
* Must be available to work weekends, extended shift hours, holidays and on short notices.
Certificates and Licenses:
* Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.