Join us in transforming how patients in our community make the journey from the hospital to their homes in a completely new environment. Become a part of the "transitional care" revolution in healthcare. Use your skills and your calling to help patients recuperate, recover, and gain strength so they can thrive at home.
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS::
* Performs initial resident assessment
* Identifies resident’s physical needs, psychosocial needs, and problems
* Assesses resident’s response to medications and/or treatments
* Monitors closely unstable residents; calls physician when indicated
* Organizes resident care assignments to meet needs, including deployment of assigned staff
* Prioritizes needs appropriately
* Participates in care planning, discharge, admission and other meetings when assigned or requested
* Implements resident education plans when appropriate
* Delivers appropriate nursing care to individual or groups of residents
* Utilizes therapeutic verbal and non-verbal interventions with residents
* Seeks supervisory assistance appropriately
* Assists residents in preparing for and attending scheduled activities
* Assumes and carries out responsibility for leadership of nursing care team when assigned
* Communication with other health care team members such as physicians, nurses, CNAs, social workers, and psychologists regarding resident status and response to treatment
* Helps provide a safe and suitable environment for residents
* Makes every effort to maintain residents’ safety, comfort, and peace of mind
* Respects residents’ rights
* Assists and teaches the resident to be as self-sufficient as possible
* Observes and constantly teaches aides in care of residents for safety and total resident care, in compliance with established policies and procedures and state regulations.
* Practices and oversees that restorative nursing measures are taken
* Maintains accurate and complete resident’s records, summaries, care plans, nurse’s notes, doctor’s orders, admission and discharge summaries.
* Hold a valid license as a Registered Nurse in WV
* Maintains current CPR certification
Because our residents require assistance around the clock, the ability to work overtime is a requirement for this position and can include Saturdays and Sundays when necessary.