Excellent Salary and benefits available working in a great location.
The REGISTERED NURSE (RN) delivers care to residents ensuring all applicable laws, regulations and Life Care standards are met. Reports to Director of Nursing (DON).
Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school)
Certficates and Licenses:
* Must possess a nursing diploma, AS or BS degree in nursing.
* Must be currently registered/licensed in the state of Ohio.
* Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the long-term care facility.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
* Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Nursing department.
* Must understand and follow company policies, including harassment and complaint procedures.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to knowledgeably and competently deliver basic nursing care to residents.
* Must be able to evaluate resident’s needs through ongoing assessment and revises care plan based on changes in resident’s condition.
* Must be able to provide clinical supervision to LPNs and CNAs.
* Must be able to chart appropriately and timely.
* Must practice dependable, regular attendance.
* Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment.
* Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
* Must be able to Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in residents’ conditions.
* Must be able to maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
* Must be able to interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess resident’s condition.
* Must be able to modify resident treatment plans as indicated by residents’ responses and conditions.
* Must be able to consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate resident care plans.
* Must be able to monitor all aspects of resident care, including diet and physical activity.
* Must be able to instruct individuals, families on topics such as health education, disease prevention, and develop health improvement programs.
* Must be able to prepare residents for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
* Must be able to prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.