OFFERING $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS TO EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES!
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Registered Nurse in Critical Care utilizes the nursing process, diagnoses to treat human responses to actual or potential problems and is accountable to the patient, family and peers for the totality of work performed in order that the organization can fulfill its primary mission of providing quality health care within the community. Population serviced includes adult, geriatric patients and upon occasion, adolescents. Reports to the Assistant Director.
- Develop and implement a plan of care and demonstrate leadership to ensure all patient/family needs are met. Monitor patients before, during and after surgery and /or procedures to provide safe, efficient care. Evaluate the plan of care and the patient's responses: reassess and revise the plan based upon changing needs and priorities.
- Demonstrate the skill and judgment necessary to implement Physician's orders, nursing interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
- Maintain up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to insure the integration of information for use by the health care team and to insure the totality of quality care.
- Promote effective working relationships and work cooperatively as part of the department team to facilitate the department's ability to meet its goal and objectives. Contributes to Quality Improvement activities and participates in the departmental Quality Improvement Program.
- Responsible for own professional development to insure appropriate knowledge of advances in practice to provide state of the art treatment for patient population serviced.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut
- Medical/Surgical procedures experience required.
- Intravenous therapy experience preferred (included starting IV's)
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a time oriented environment including exposure to all patient elements, i.e. blood borne pathogens, physical requirements; lifting and pulling of patients, pushing stretchers, standing and walking for extended periods of time wearing a lead apron.
- Ability to demonstrate and perform strengthening and toning exercises.
- Ability to interact with patients with tact and confidentiality.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital procedures.
- Perform automated functions that fall within job responsibility.