The Clinical Nurse reflects the mission, vision, and values of Indiana University Health, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. The registered professional clinical nurse (RN) is accountable and responsible for the provision and coordination of competent, evidence-based care, which includes assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The clinical nurse participates in decision-making, teaching, mentoring, and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to advance the patient plan of care, achieve outcomes and enhance operational efficiency. The nurse adheres to the ANA Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing and the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
EMERGENCY ROOM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Requires current state of Indiana license as Registered Nurse.
- Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA.
- Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Requires an Associates of Nursing (ASN); Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Requires that the RN has graduated from a nationally accredited nursing program.