Homestead Hospice is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity:
The Per Diem RN is a less than full time employee who establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy. The Per Diem RN follows the Plan of Care established by the team and the Nurse Case Manager. He/She supervises the HHA and LPNs, fills out the appropriate paperwork in a timely manner, communicates with the Attending MD, and protects the human and civil rights of patients and/or clients and staff. p. He/She is responsible for directing the total care of the patient.
The Per Diem RN assists in coordination of care for each assigned patient, including communication with the IDT members, families, Attending MD’s, and facility wellness coordinators. Paperwork to be completed and turned into the office in a timely manner. Responsible for covering call at least 7 days per calendar month. Must have dependable transportation.
* A current nursing License in the state, with at least 3 years experience in nursing with one year in home health/hospice.
* Familiarity with a variety of the clinical concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Ability to exchange routine information in an appropriate manner.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Responsible for assigned visit schedule, meeting the approved visit frequency.
* Maintains a nursing service philosophy and related rules, standards and practices; establishes care plans, including assessments, plans of treatment, objectives and goals, evaluations, and discharge planning, maintains current medication profiles, and timely re-order of hospice appropriate medications.
* Ensures compliance with laws and rules related to care, certification, and licensing; professionally represents Creative Hospice Care to residents, residents’ families, outside agencies, care providers, and the public.
* Maintains liaison role with all levels of administration, physicians and outside organizations.
* Complete required documentation in the time frame allotted—nurses notes turned in at least 2 times per week, admission packets turned in within 24 hours of the admission, discharges turned in within 24 hours of the discharge, recertification packets turned in by the due date of recent.
* Is responsible for On call services, at least 7 days per calendar month.