JOB SUMMARY: :
This position is responsible for the overall direction of center operations; subject to rules and regulations promulgated by government agencies and Stonerise Healthcare. The Chief Executive Officer administers, directs, and coordinates services and activities of the Center to assure that the highest degree of quality is consistently provided to residents, patients and other customers.
* Implements center objectives as determined by governing body
* Contributes to the development and revision of policies, procedures, guidelines, tools and systems that govern and guide center practices.
* Ensures resident’s rights are maintained, including confidentiality of resident information, honoring residents personal property, etc.
* Leads Interdisciplinary facility team in daily activities, establishing an atmosphere/culture of respect, dignity and achievement
* Develops and maintains positive relationships with residents, patients, visitors, vendors, employees, and other individuals. Includes addressing concerns or grievances
* Ensures mandatory reporting requirements regarding abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation are followed
* Oversees and guides department managers in the use of departmental policies and procedures, work tools, promoting professional standards, and other management responsibilities
* Promotes favorable public relations and serves as a spokesperson and role model in representing the Center in the community
* Meets with licensing authorities as required and accompanies/assists them throughout inspection or survey activity
* Communicates any and all notifications, requests or correspondence from governing or legal entities to appropriate positions within home office
* Ensures credentialing of independent contracted practitioners
* Communicates with and facilitates role, functions and participation of Medical Director
* Oversees physical plant and plant operations, conducts rounds on a regular basis and ensures a safe, pleasant atmosphere
* Chairs, or actively leads, facility safety program. Maintains an up-to-date disaster preparedness plan for Center. Ensures safety equipment and information throughout facility is maintained
* Serves as consultant for admissions, transfers and discharges
* Reviews, evaluates and addresses work performance for staff. Participates in hiring, disciplinary action, firing, as indicated. Follows and oversees personnel requirements as listed in policies, procedures, employee handbook
* Confers with home office personnel and contracted consultants concerning needs, problem areas, solutions and follows through on reports and recommendations from such
* Participates in preparation of annual budget for facility and each department
* Monitors financial controls and reports, communicates with governing body, implements corrective action and budgetary constraints as required
* Leads in accounts receivable activity, following outlined measures in collection; communicate with home office billing department on regular basis; participate in weekly Medicare meetings and monthly triple-check
* Maintains professional licensure, continuing education, knowledge of current professional standards and practices. Promotes professional growth of staff.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: :
* Graduate of an accredited program at the baccalaureate level or above
* Professional license, in good standing, as Nursing Home Administrator in state of WV (or license/transfer eligible)
* Minimum of one (1) year experience in customer service, management and preferably health care
* Proficient with computers; prefer experience with Point Click Care (PCC) and Microsoft Office.