Westminster Village is a not for profit, continuing care retirement community (CCRC) located just minutes from Geist in the Oaklandon area. Our campus is situated on 57 beautiful acres of landscaped grounds for the enjoyment of our residents and staff. Our purpose is to allow our residents to age in place while enjoying all of the amenities available to suit their interests and needs.:
The HR Assistant/Payroll Specialist assists the Director of Human Resources with general human resource-related duties, including recordkeeping and paperwork. The HR Assistant/Payroll Specialist also assists the Director of Finance with timekeeping documentation and payroll processing, ensuring accuracy and timeliness as well as compliance with amended laws, IRS regulations, and the FLSA.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Conduct new hire orientation with new employees.
* Assist with the creation and maintenance of personnel files, including entering employee data in HRIS.
* Keep accurate, updated employee records in accordance with State Board of Health (ISDH) regulations.
* Commence and terminate employee benefits by timely notification to carriers; generate COBRA notification.
* Maintain high standards of Human Resource related activities; understand Human Resources role as a service provider to the organization.
* Distribute information regarding benefits, including the organization’s health insurance program and retirement plans.
* Conduct reference checks as requested; record and report information received.
* Process timekeeping documentation for consistency and accuracy; enter and import payroll information into the payroll-processing system and generate payroll checks when appropriate; coordinate payroll banking information.
* Assist employees in understanding payroll calculations and deductions, investigate discrepancies, and make appropriate corrections.
* Distribute paychecks to appropriate individuals.
* Complete employment verification requests.
* Assist in the preparation and review of annual payroll information filings and quarterly tax filings.
* Maintain FLSA information, keeping the organization in compliance.
* Consistently enforce company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
* A high school diploma or GED is essential; CPP certification is preferred.
Three (3) years’ payroll experience.
* Previous experience with KRONOS, or other similar timekeeping system is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
he requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Average knowledge of general human resources practices and procedures.
* Average knowledge of FLSA laws, payroll procedures, and practice policies.
* Average knowledge of computerized accounting and payroll systems.
* Customer service driven; responsive to employee issues and concerns.
* Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office, e-mail systems, Internet browsers, computerized timekeeping system, and HRIS.