At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
York Hospital is seeking a Per Diem CRNA for our Anesthesia team. The CRNA is accountable and responsible for assessing, coordinating and participating in anesthesia services. Care is delivered in collaboration with the patient, family members, physicians, nursing staff, and other members of the health care team. Clinical supervision by MDA.
· Prepares anesthetic equipment and supplies. Performs equipment check and assures proper functioning of equipment.
· Performing and documenting a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient, including requests for consultations and diagnostic studies
· Selecting, obtaining, ordering, or administering pre-anesthetic medications and fluids
· Obtain informed consent for anesthesia
· Collaboratively develop and implement an anesthetic plan
· Administer and maintain anesthesia: general, regional, MAC
· Select, apply, or insert appropriate non-invasive or invasive monitoring modalities for collecting and interpreting patient physiologic data.
· Perform venipunctures, insertion of invasive lines, insertion of epidural catheter, administer spinal anesthesia and analgesia
· Manage patient's airway and pulmonary status
· Manage patient in PACU collaboratively with MD
· Discharging patients from PACU and ASU, provide post-anesthesia follow up evaluation and care related to anesthesia
· Order, initiate, or modify analgesia and antiemetic therapy
· Provide emergency airway management and support
· Knowledge and expertise in delivering anesthetics to all age groups, recognizing unique characteristics and needs through continuum of the life span i.e. pediatrics to geriatrics.
· Current RN licensure in State of Maine
· Current Advanced Practice Nurse License from State of Maine
· Current Certification from AANA
· Current ACLS and BLS Certification
· Ability to visualize monitors and patients, hear changes in patient condition, manual dexterity fro numerous skills and tasks, lifting to 30 pounds.