The Certified Med Tech is responsible to set up and administer medications and to function as a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.). Will provide routine daily nursing care to assigned residents in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as facility’s established nursing care policies and procedures. Reports to Charge Nurse or other Nursing Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must have ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the essential functions of the job.
* Prepare, administer and document medications following accepted practices, and in accordance with regulations.
* Assist resident with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed linens, and positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc.
* Assist with resident recreation programs.
* Prepare residents for meals and snacks.
* Assist residents in eating where needed and record food intake.
* Read and follow daily care plans
* Perform assigned restorative and rehabilitative procedures.
* Report changes in resident condition to Nurse in Charge.
* Document care provision on resident record as required.
* Report accidents and incidents.
* Provide nursing functions as directed by supervisor.
* Assist in admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
* Comply with all Company policies related to safety and infection control procedures including the use of mechanical lifts, gait belts and personal protective back supports.
* Understand, comply with and promote all rules and regulations regarding residents’ rights; promote positive relationships with residents, visitors and regulators, to include a professional appearance.
* Attend and participate in educational activities, in-service training and staff meetings; assist in orientation and training other staff.
* Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
* Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families and other employees at all levels.
* Other duties as assigned or needed.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED.
* Computer Skills: Must be able to interact with automated resident information collection system
* Certificates and Licenses: Must be certified as a Certified Medication Aide and must also be a Certified Nursing Assistant from state-approved C.N.A. Program.