Manages and supervises the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility during the assigned shift including directing the day-to-day cares of the residents/tenants in accordance with scope of practice, doctors orders, care plans, established company policies and procedures, standards, and guidelines; and current Federal, State, and local laws and regulations governing the facility and as directed by the supervisor by performing the following duties either personally or through subordinates.
Education and/or Experience:
* Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing approved by the State of Nebraska.
* Possess a valid LPN license from the appropriate state. This shall include maintaining required CEU’s.
* Experience in Long Term or Acute Care preferred but not required.
* Valid and current CPR certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be a minimum of 18 years of age and must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to perform all activities of their nursing scope of practice and functions of a Charge Nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Please note: This in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of certain duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate.):
* Possess, maintain, and use a practical knowledge base regarding issues and regulations affecting the facility and nursing department as well as the individual residents/tenants.
* Manage, coordinate, supervise, monitor, direct, develop, and assist with the comprehensive care given to residents/tenants on the assigned shift either personally or through subordinates. These cares may include but are not limited to:
* Answer and assist resident/tenant requests for assistance
* Oral cares
* Elimination assistance including appropriate pericare
* Obtaining specimens
* Indwelling catheter care
* Personal hygiene (i.e. nail and hair care, shaving, )
* Dressing/undressing including special slings, stockings, or other adaptive supplies
* Eye and ear care such as cleaning of glasses/hearing aides
* Prepare and ambulate/transport residents/tenants including to/from meals, activities, appointments, etc
* Lift, turn, move, and reposition residents/tenants, alone or with human or mechanical assistance
* Range of Motion and/or restorative care
* Post-mortem care and contact
* Reality orientation and/or validation as needed
* Obtain vitals and weights of residents/tenants
* Directing and monitoring medication administering by Medication Aides including observing and taking appropriate action regarding desired effects, side effects, interventions, and contraindication associated with the medication.
* Ensure resident/tenant rooms and living and working areas are clean, neat, and meeting the needs of the resident/tenant
* Coordinating transportation services for residents/tenants to appointments
* Admit, transfer, and discharge residents/tenants as needed
* Monitor supply levels at the facility to ensure there are supplies to adequately meet the needs of the residents/tenants and staff.
* Supervise and monitor the nursing staff on assigned shift:
* Assist with new employee orientation and training including orientation to the facility, company, and department policies and procedures and guidelines.
* Plan and direct work schedules to assign and coordinate the work of nursing employees to promote efficiency of operations and continuity of care.
* Monitoring nursing staff adherence to established policies and procedures
* Appraise employees’ performance, rewarding and disciplining employees.
* Portraying positive example for co-workers and subordinates to follow.
* Ability to lead, train, motivate and inspire others to do their best.
* Other duties as assigned.