Full Time position available!!!!
Summary of Responsibility: :
The Dining Services Assistant works in conjunction with the Dietitian and Dining Services Director to meet residents’ needs in producing quality nutritional service outcomes and quality care in accordance with all laws, regulations, and Dominion Senior Living standards.
* Follows all policies, procedures and standards for safe food preparation, service and storage; proper use of machinery and equipment; and infection control.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships and two-way communication with residents and resident representatives; observes residents for significant changes and adverse reactions or conditions on an on-going basis and submits information for resident records on an informative and timely basis.
* Keeps the Dining Services Director informed regarding any unusual incidents or issues regarding residents, team members, or the community.
* Follows diet changes as directed by the Dining Services Director in a timely and accurate manner.
* Prepares for the shift by reviewing information/reports.
* Prepares for service by setting up and sanitizing the dining room(s), meal trays, food carts, etc.
* Serves meals, beverages and snacks on a courteous and timely basis that are at the proper temperatures and presented in an appealing manner.
* Attends to the diner’s requests and removes used items and trash during the meal; clears the tables and trays when the diners are finished.
* Maintains equipment as required.
* Keeps the dining room(s) organized in a safe, neat and orderly manner.
* Stores supplies in a safe, sanitary and timely manner.
* Ensures the dining room(s) and supplies are prepared and ready for the next meal.
* Closes the dining room(s) at the conclusion of operation.
* Assists in keeping Dining Services within budget by controlling waste.
* Notifies the Dining Services Director when supplies are needed.
* Assists in daily cleaning duties, such as sweeping, dishwashing, mopping, etc.
* Assists other departments with programming and activities as needed.
Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification, Age Requirement::
* High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
* Must successfully complete a valid food service sanitation course and maintain the certificate.
* Must obtain valid Continuing Education credits as required by the State of the community.
* Prior healthcare and food services experience is preferred.
* Experience with seniors and especially cognitively impaired seniors (those with Alzheimer’s or Dementia) is preferred.
* Approved criminal background check, physical, drug screen and TB skin test is required.
* Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.