Responsible for a variety of activities that lend to increasing the security of the residents, staff, and visitors.
* Must posses a high school diploma or G.E.D.
* Must have positive employer references.
* Must have good communication skills.
* Must be able to read and write in the English language, utilizing proper spelling and grammar.
* Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be willing to work harmoniously with all personnel.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with facility personnel, residents, family members, visitors, consultants, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
* Must be able to maintain an appropriately professional manner in intense and/or crisis situations.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
* Must be free of physical limitation so as to be able to participate in physical C.P.I. (Crisis Prevention and Intervention) techniques as trained by certified trainer; and be able to assist in the Non-violent Crisis Intervention Team Hold intervention as trained by qualified staff.
* Maintain alert attention throughout entire shift.
* Complete rounds of unit/facility as directed, documenting location and status of residents.
* Uphold and help enforce rules and regulations of unit/facility with residents.
* Assist in maintaining the overall safety of the specialty unit, and of the facility overall.
* Complete any required documentation, as trained, in a timely manner.
* Attend and participate in meetings, continuing education programs and in-services.
* Report all signs of resident abuse or neglect.
Perform other related duties as assigned.