Position Summary: :
Under direction of Supervisor of Security Services, incumbent is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, students, staff and visitors. This encompasses protecting persons and property from hazardous conditions, physical harm, trespassing, vandalism, fire, and theft. Responds immediately and appropriately to emergencies.
* Patrols buildings and grounds to identify any illegal activity, unauthorized presence, or unauthorized entry.
* Responds to emergency situations such as fire, disturbances, accidents, and criminal activity. Interacts with members of the police and fire departments as needed. Maintains log of activities during such emergency and prepares report detailing in incident.
* Checks doors, windows, and gates to ensure that they are secure.
* Monitors and ensures compliance with parking regulations.
* Reports observed safety hazards.
* Provides escort, as requested, for residents, students, staff, and visitors throughout the campus.
* Documents all routine duties in a daily activity report.
* Maintenance of a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
* Maintains assigned equipment and uniform.
* Follows all department policies and procedures. Attends department meetings and required facility in-services including online training sessions; participates in drills and training exercises.
* Understands, supports and practices the mission/values as established by Holy Cross Village. Assumes all other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities assigned by the Department Director or Assistant.
* Support, upholds, and maintains the Mission and Philosophy of the Franciscan Sisters of Chicago and serves as a role model of the facility in a positive manner in all business interactions within the facility and to the outside community. Demonstrates loyalty and pride in the facility, its associates and departments.
* Respects and safeguards the confidentiality of information regarding residents/clients, co-workers and the facility.
* As a leader within the organization, projects a professional and caring demeanor in interactions with residents/clients, family members, visitors, co-workers and subordinates.
* Takes responsibility for maintaining a clean, neat and orderly environment. Uses equipment, supplies and other materials with a focused effort to reduce waste.
* Demonstrates an attitude of teamwork when interacting with other associates within the
facility. As such, consistently demonstrates respect for self and for others in manner
(body language, dress), word (spoken language) and action (behavior).
* Takes ownership of job responsibilities by initiating prompt and appropriate action/
follow-up to problems. Ensures appropriate resolution.
* Exhibits resourcefulness and initiative in anticipating the needs of residents/clients, co-workers and subordinates in a pro-active manner. Encourages and empowers subordinates to perform in the same manner.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of your job, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work duties/tasks that may be required of the position.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* At least one year of experience in institutional security, private security or military police experience.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing; customer service skills.
* Knowledge of appropriate protocols regarding search, seizure, investigation and detention.
* Possession of valid driver’s license and acceptable. driving record.
* Two or more years experience in institutional security, private security or military police experience.
Currently hiring for part-time. (16-24 hours per week)