JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
Supervisor, Patient Access Service Center
Schedules, pre-registers and secure financial clearance for outpatient services served. Communicates estimated financial responsibility to patients and executes concierge concept of centralized scheduling.
High School Diploma required.
1 to 2 years related experience required. Call Center experience preferred.
Populations Served/Patient Care Responsibilities
- Basic computer skills to include Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products.
- Basic knowledge of insurance plans, coverage types and medical terminology.
- Correct all quality assurance errors identified within appropriate time.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff and departments.
- Demonstrate excellent phone rapport.
- Demonstrate flexibility and cooperative attitude.
Maintains unit-specific and hospital competencies, mandatory learning, and any clinical certifications required in accordance with the Staff Education and Training policy GA-057 and/or any other department requirements.
All age populations
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all aspects of patient and resource scheduling utilizing multiple technologies.
- Receive inbound phone inquiries and triage calls appropriately.
- Follow phone scripts as directed by software system or standardized process in an articulate manner.
- Provide patients and referring physician's office staff with pertinent scheduling information regarding directions, preps, and procedure test requirements.
- Obtain accurate pre-registration information via multiple mediums.
- Validates medical necessity by collecting clinical documentation needed for testing.
- Utilize technology solutions to determine patient third party payer coverage status, and route patients to the appropriate financial counseling strategy when necessary.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of various insurance plans through insurance verification and authorization requirements.
- Performs outbound calls and/or send correspondence regarding visit details and patient portions.