$7,500 SIGN-ON BONUS
Great opportunity to join a company that values our employees and the patients we serve!
Centers for Dialysis Care is seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our Team!
Why Choose CDC?
· We offer a complete benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability options, along with company paid life insurance
· 250 Hours of PTO
· Tuition Reimbursement Program
· Employee Perks Program
· Career Development Opportunities
The Registered Nurse functions as a patient advocate. He/she delivers care based on the nursing process. The Registered Nurse provides leadership through coordination of patient care activities. She/he performs direct patient care according to CDC patient care policies and procedures. This position participates in a team approach, communicates pertinent clinical information to other team members and remains in compliance with all CDC personnel policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Assists with the maintenance of physiologic functions through the conscientious initiation, monitoring, discontinuation of the hemodialysis treatments and related patient care tasks.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge and understanding of the objectives of dialysis therapy
- Cannulates and provides direct patient care
- Trouble shoots machine alarm states and cannulation difficulties
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge and understanding of the importance of water treatment for dialysis.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge and understanding of the practices and principles of dialyzer reuse
- Assesses patients effectively recognizing needs and utilizes the appropriate nursing skills and resources to meet those needs
- Completes primary patient documentation according to CDC standards and timeline
- Reviews new patient teaching and ongoing education for the patients and documents information
- Encourages patients to follow the prescribed dialysis treatment plan, gives explanations
- Demonstrates and adheres to aseptic technique, universal precautions guidelines
- Demonstrates an understanding of the medications utilized for the ESRD population
- Maintains patient confidentiality and professional boundary guidelines
- Reviews all verbal orders given by the physician for safety, completeness, and efficacy
- Documents verbal orders according to CDC guidelines in the EMR
- Follows CDC hospital discharge policy for review of orders
- Follows manufacturers guidelines and CDC policy for the administration of medications at CDC
- Provides leadership in management of patient care through control of operations and personnel in his/her unit.
- Assists in development and maintenance of an organizational department climate in which the needs of the patient and staff are met with warmth, respect and responsiveness
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills with patients, staff and physicians
- Assesses patients in crisis and initiates emergency response plan as necessary including CPR measures
- Actively works on quality initiatives to improve patient outcomes
- Manages CDC resources in an efficient fiscally responsible manner.
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
· Current Ohio licensure
· Current CPR certification
· Independent decision making skills
· Good leadership and interpersonal qualities
· ICU experience preferred
Requirements for Sign on Bonus:
· 1 year of recent dialysis experience