An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Staffing Coordinator. LVN Preferred. #WECARE:
Responsible for scheduling all nursing staff by utilizing a computer based program, OnShift. Work cooperatively with licensed staff, certified nursing assistants, and all other staff to ensure proper staff coverage on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Oversees schedules on an ongoing basis, identifies needs and schedules staff accordingly.
* Maintains all nursing department schedules, daily modification to include but not limited to attendance, trading of shifts, and time-off requests.
* Staff each unit according to established staffing matrix, productivity needs, and census.
* Responsible for the oversight of staffing and scheduling to decrease the use of overtime.
* Updates On Shift thru-out the day to ensure accuracy for staff, Director of Nursing (DON) and Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON’s).
* Responsible for training staff on OnShift and maintaining accurate and up to date contact information.
* Responsible for helping employees reset their log in passwords in OnShift, if needed.
* Reviews daily punch detail report on each licensed staff, restorative aide, and certified nursing assistants.
* Records employee attendance, communicates with the Director of Nursing (DON) and Assistant Director of Nursing (ADONs), when issues arise.
* Communicates employee time-off requests, sick calls, vacations, switched shifts, with Director of Nursing (DON), and Assistant Director of Nursing (ADONs).
* Effectively communicates routine and critical staffing and scheduling challenges and demands to Director of Nursing (DON), Assistant Director of Nursing (ADONs), and Charge Nurse’s.
* Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or equivalent GED required.
* Proficient Computer Skills.
* Minimum two (2) years staffing experience in a healthcare setting required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to problem-solve/follow through necessary.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and timely.
* Must have good customer service skills.
* Ability to function independently and demonstrate initiative.
* Proficient with Microsoft Suite.