An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Performs a variety of tasks usually not requiring cooking skills in the preparation, service, and clean-up for meals served to residents and staff in the nursing center and other special events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Assists with food preparation and delivery as directed.
* Apportions and places food servings, utensils, beverages and condiments on plates and trays according to diet card, ensuring residents’ therapeutic diet and preferences are honored.
* Prepares and labels nourishments according to center procedures and delivers to residents.
* Pushes carts to halls or kitchen.
* Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen.
* Washes dishes and cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens.
* Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
* Assists with sanitation and cleanliness within the department.
* Understands and adheres to the guidelines of “Residents Rights”.
* Attends periodic in-services and staff meetings.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Maintains a friendly, efficient, spirit of service attitude towards residents, customers, co-workers, and clients
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
Food Handler Permit as applicable/required by state. A minimum of 6 months healthcare or industrial food service experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires ability to read and write and follow oral and written instructions.