Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking an OB Technologist ll in the Birthing Center at Aspirus Wausau Hospital. Work in a holistic care approach to plan and assist with providing patient care under the general direction of a Registered Nurse. Collaborate with all OB and surgical team members to assure the safe and efficient passage of a patient through surgery.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assists surgeon as scrub technologist according to prescribed standards.
- Assists in maintenance of instruments and supplies by proper cleaning, care, utilization, and sterilization.
- Sets up table, instruments, and supplies and drapes operative table.
- Assists with daily living activities, e.g., bathing, ambulating, dressing, making bed.
- Transports patient and belongings at admission, transfer and discharge and documents appropriately.
- Carries out assigned patient care activities, e.g., empties drains, minor wound care, range of motion and exercises, Foley catheter care, and AccuChek.
- Maintains cleanliness of rooms and bathrooms between daily cleanings, e.g., removes trash and clutter, wipes up spills.
- Verbally communicates observations to supervising Registered Nurse and reports any observed changes.
- Graduation from a Certified Surgical Technologist program required.
- Minimum of one year acute care surgical experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire required.
- Certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist desired.
- Prior listing on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry or current registry beneficial.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.