Under the direction and supervision of the EMS/MedEvac Operations Manager, this Paramedic position is responsible for providing safe, comprehensive care to critically ill and/or injured patients of all ages. Care is provided in the pre-hospital setting and during inter-facility transports by understanding and applying the specialized principles and techniques of transport paramedic practice, emergency procedures and diagnostics.
Schedule of varied 24 hour shifts, call as scheduled and weekend rotation.
- Knowledge of emergency patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of an accredited Paramedic program.
- Minimum of 1 year (3 years preferred) current field experience in a busy 911/pre-hospital service for ground critical care transport and intercepts.
- Minimum 3 years' current field experience in a busy 911/pre-hospital service for flight. Flight or transport experience preferred.
DRIVER'S LICENSE REQUIRED
- Active Wisconsin Paramedic Certification for Wisconsin bases.
- Active Michigan Paramedic Certification for Michigan bases.
- Dual Paramedic licensure in Wisconsin and Michigan required upon completion of hire/orientation.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire
- Possesses a valid Wisconsin Driver's License required if Wisconsin based.
- Possesses a valid Michigan Driver's License required if Michigan based.
- State of Wisconsin Critical Care Endorsement within one year of hire if Wisconsin based.
- Must maintain CPR and all certifications as stated in the MedEvac Scope of Service.
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screenings.
- Possesses effective human relations skills required for interfacing with all levels of personnel and external customers.
- Possesses basic computer skills for email, electronic charting, etc.
- FP-C within 24 months of hire (flight Paramedics only).
- Must pass annual hearing test (flight Paramedics only).
- Must meet and maintain flight ready personal weight limit according to aircraft restrictions (flight Paramedics only)