Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Security Officer to provide a safe and secure environment for staff, patients, and visitors at our Aspirus facilities in Wausau, Wisconsin.
Hours: 80 hours per pay period. Mainly nights (11:30 pm - 7:00 am) and will include weekends and holidays. May be asked to work an occasional day shift. Premium pay available for shifts other than days.
In this role you will:
- Assist with combative patients, visitors, staff, etc. throughout the hospital.
- Patrol facilities, grounds and parking lots to check for safety and security hazards.
- Respond to emergency calls to include, but not limited to: alarms in general, Aspirus Procedure Center, Women's Health Birthing Center, Newborn NICU, and Medical/Pediatrics.
- Assist the injured and/or sick.
- Responds to general calls for service such as, but not limited to: providing access to locked buildings/areas, assisting motorists, securing trauma elevators, security for staff, etc.
- Provide walking escorts as necessary.
- Observe locations such as main entrance, exterior locations, and parking lots with the use of computerized equipment and cameras.
- Respond and assist as necessary to "suspicious" and "alias" situations.
- Observe fire, safety, and environmental equipment and facilities for serviceability and compliance.
- Investigate reports of disturbances or suspicious circumstances.
- Respond to exterior building alarms and requests for assistance.
- Write shift and incident reports on a daily basis.
- Issues security access to new hire employees at the time of hiring if required.
- Reports hazardous material spills or leaks.
- Knowledge of security procedures and standards normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- An Associate's or Technical School degree in Police Science or current student in Police Science program desired.
- Security experience/training or background is beneficial.
- Possesses and maintains a valid Wisconsin Driver's License
- Must have the ability to be flexible in work hours including shift and days. May be required to work any shift or day, weekend, and holidays. May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Possesses ability to operate computerized equipment, two-way radio, and personal computer and related software.
- Possesses outstanding communication skills such as tact, diplomacy and de-escalation.
- Possesses and provides excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates self-restraint in challenging and/or difficult situations as well as maintains professional composure during emergency or in pressure circumstances.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather and in weather extremes.