PHYSICIAN CENTER NURSE (RN)
Under the supervision of a Physician, provides to individuals and groups nursing care requiring the application of basic knowledge of the biological, physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences. Job requires knowledge; skill and ability to provide care for neo-natal, pediatric, adolescent, adult or geriatric patient population.
- Conducts assessment of patients in planning and evaluating quality patient care. Considers emotional, social, and physical needs.
- Provides direct skilled nursing care to patients.
- Administers medications ordered by a licensed provider. Practices the Five Rights of safe medication administration.
- Responds to emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
- Maintains excellence in clinical competency and nursing skills through continuing education.
- Informs Physician or NP of patient's symptoms, reactions, progress and other information pertaining to patient's care. Documents information in the medical record (paper and electronic) according to policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly patient, visitor, and staff environment. Practices Universal Precautions.
- Participates in the ongoing quality improvement program and responds to results obtained from data collection.
- Presents a positive professional appearance and attitude demonstrating excellent guest relation skills, interpersonal skills and team values within the Professional Corporation, Health System and community.
- Recognizes and respects Patient Rights
- Observes and maintains patient, staff and corporate confidentiality per policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the personal performance reflects the Mission, Vision, Standards of Behavior and the Service Goals.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing program maintains current licensure in State of Ohio.
- Functions within the scope of practice of nursing for registered nurse as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintains BCLS certification
- Completes orientation as specified to acquire the necessary familiarity with LMHS policies, nursing procedures and techniques within assigned patient care areas.
- Efficiently participates in case of emergency (code blue, fire, weather, disaster).
- Demonstrates basic analytical ability to perform assigned tasks and gather and interpret data in situations that are not difficult or complex.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care for young adult, adult and geriatric patients under supervision of a licensed physician, NP and/or RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skill and ability to perform: phlebotomy, EKG, vital signs, medication administration by oral, med nebulizer, IM, SQ, routes for adults, ear lavage, monofilament, glucometer, occult blood, visual and auditory acuity, strep screen, urinalysis, urine pregnancy, specimen collection and preparation as applicable to the practice setting.
- Demonstrates ability to proficiently operate various office machines including a personal computer, office computer systems (IDX, EMR, Meditech), fax, telephone, and photocopier.
- Demonstrates ability to type proficiently.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.