PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE
According to established procedures, obtains demographic, medical and insurance information for patients in the Urgent Care; enters necessary information into computer records; and performs various other clerical and record keeping tasks related to registration.
- Greets patients/customers in a timely and courteous manner. Presents a positive professional appearance and attitude, demonstrating excellent guest relations' skills.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired through the performance of job duties.
- Responsible for ensuring that personal performance reflects the Mission, Vision, Standards of Behavior and the Service Goals.
- Obtains demographic and medical information by direct interview of patients and/or families. Enters all necessary patient information into computer records, using good judgment as to urgency status of patient in order to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Obtains accurate insurance information for each registration, including insurance billing address and pre-certification requirements. Enters this information into the computer, and notifies appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Performs other related clerical duties such as filing records and reports, receiving/placing telephone calls, photocopying materials, relaying messages, and so forth.
- Secures all necessary signatures on forms according to established procedures.
- Prepares standard forms, labels and various other materials, and distributes according to established procedures.
- Collection of any payments possible including applicable co-payments or other payments for services rendered.
- Offer and assist patients with completion of the assistance application when appropriate. Process applications.
- Enter/Post patient charges.
- As needed, work with patients and physicians to schedule follow-up testing at LMH via the Central Scheduling Module.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Work requires a high school level of knowledge to be able to read, write, perform simple arithmetic calculations and deal effectively with people. Basic analytical ability is required to gather and interpret data in situations where the problems are not difficult or complex.
- Work requires one to three months experience within the department to meet quality and quantity standards.
- Work requires familiarity with hospital departments and services, medical terminology, requisition forms, insurance coverage and forms, department policies, and efficient bed utilization procedures, generally acquired through three months experience within the department.
- Work requires interpersonal skills and sensitivity sufficient to interact effectively, cordially and tactfully with all customers.
- Work requires the ability to accurately and efficiently operate various equipments used in the course of the workday, such as computer, computer keyboard, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, and so forth.
- Work requires the ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to details with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain flexibility by accepting and adjusting to rapid change.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, and able to deal with sensitive facts and information in a completely confidential manner at all times.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.