Assists in successful completion of daily meal service operations
* Because HCF exists to care for our residents, regular attendance and punctuality are essential to provide quality care
* Must be in good physical condition as the position requires the ability to stand on one’s feet throughout the day, as well as, push, pull, move and/or lift repetitively during working hours.
* Commitment to HCF mission, values, philosophy and Service Excellence Initiative
* Must be able to complete performance requirements independently while using good judgment as well as have the ability to harmoniously work with others
* Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language
* Must follow all HCF policies and procedures
* Must follow all federal, state and local regulations and standards
* Preportions cold food and beverages according to menu tally
* Checks meals to make sure they are complete and accurate according to order and diet specifications.
* Delivers meal to table or room according to resident request
* Washes and sanitizes all dishware, utensils and items that are necessary in preparing meals according to federal, state and local regulations
* Cleans and sanitizes equipment and areas of the kitchen according to established policies and procedures
* Records dishwasher gauge, cooler and freezer readings daily and reports temperatures that are not up to standards
* Operates all food service equipment safely
* Attend required in-service education
* All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read, write, make simple calculations and follow oral or written instructions. A minimum of a grammar school education is essential. A high school diploma is preferred. Serv Safe beneficial.