Part Time. 38.75 hours per bi/weekly payperiod. 10:30pm-7a shift
Homewood at Williamsport, the original Homewood community, is nestled on 28 beautifully landscaped acres near Hagerstown, Maryland. Resident’s enjoy the stability of this long-established community with mature trees and plantings and all the warmth and charm of Western Maryland.
Our well-appointed Community Center features a chapel/multipurpose room, resident lounge and convenience store along with a dining room, library and other common areas. Residents also have access to the fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub, computer lab, outdoor gardening plots and walking trail.
The community includes:
· Independent Living Cottages and Apartments
· Assisted Living Suites
· Health Care Center and Canterbury Rehabilitation
Assists, while encouraging independence, with the activities of daily living for the residents under license staff supervision.
* Treats all information about residents, their condition, and family as confidential information.
* Complies with established policies and procedures, and maintains established standards and practices.
* Assists in or provides for the maintenance of individual personal hygiene, i.e., bathing, shaving, changing clothing, nail care, toilet needs.
* Provides clean, dry linen and make beds to meet resident needs when necessary.
* Encourages proper resident nutrition at meal and snack times.
* Performs resident treatments as assigned by the Head Nurse and within the nursing scope of practice.
* Observes and records resident information concisely, accurately, and completely, and reports to the Head Nurse objective observations of change in resident condition or need.
* Actively participates in planning of the resident’s care.
* Promotes the activity of daily living according to the resident’s service plan.
* Resident lifts and transfers will be done according to the resident’s service plan and the Lift Free Program.
* Prepares, administers, and records medications as physician-ordered and in accordance with certification regulations.
* Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor
* Ability to lift and transfer 30 pounds of resident weight frequently (15 times) throughout the shift.
* Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop, twist, and turn constantly throughout an eight (8) hour shift.
* Organizational skills and ability to do sequential events.
* Current Certified Medication Technician.
* CPR certification and basic First Aid.
* Motivation and desire to work with geriatric persons.
* Ability to speak English at a level residents can understand.
* Ability to read and write in English to carry out functions related to the care plans and provide appropriate resident care.
* Listed on the state registry as a Nursing Assistant within 120 days of employment.
Must be able to constantly work on their feet during an 8 hour shift, bend, stoop, twist and turn constantly throughout the shift in performing regular duties. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of resident weight and/or transfer and reposition a resident at least 25 times throughout the shift. Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and in response to the unexpected behavior of residents either during lifting or repositioning or during other frequent occasions when having direct contact with residents. Must be able to handle the physical transfer of residents from unsafe to safer locations in the event of a fire or other disaster. Ability to do sequential events/tasks.