Responsible for directing the entire operation of a nursing unit in a long term facility
* Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, degree preferred.
* Licensed as a RN (if state requires) or LPN/LVN in state employed.
* Valid CPR teaching certificate, if applicable.
* Experience: Three years of nursing experience, of which one year was in a long term care environment.
* Performs General Management Functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees
* Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues for the unit
* Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
* Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
* Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians interventions are timely and appropriate
* Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets resident needs and budgetary controls.
* Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident’s conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is administered.
* Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a continuing basis.
* Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with procedures.
* Participates in facility “QA” program
* Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
* Skilled in work assessment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
* Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation and certification.
* Possesses basic computer skills
* Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee population.