Provides support and assistance to Nursing Department and staff.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Makes residents’ beds
* Labels resident clothing and belongings.
* Distributes personal and facility laundry.
* Passes meal trays and offers basic tray set-up. May assist with feeding, if competency demonstrated.
* Serves food and busses dishes in the dining room.
* Transports/escorts residents to areas within the facility, e.g. dining areas, activities, resident care conferences, etc.
* Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members.
* Ability to learn infection control techniques.
* Ability to be patient and polite.