Under the guidance of the Executive Director and in collaboration with the Programming and Activities Director, the Rose Lane Resident Services Director is responsible for maintaining the Resident Care Standards in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the Rose Lane Program. Assures that the
physical, spiritual development, emotional, recreational and social needs are met and maintained on an individual basis. Provide leadership and structure for all Rose Lane staff to follow.
Provides family education and offers support groups as needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university preferred.
* Current RN license in good standing with The GA Board of Nursing.
* One (1) year minimum experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility or other related health care facility.
* Previous experience in Senior Care setting preferably in assisted living setting
(minimum 5 years).
* Valid driver’s license required.
* Ability to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a Resident’s best
* Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public.
* Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) requirement preferred.
(H) Must be knowledgeable of practices, procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines applicable to the assisted living industry.
Duties and Responsibilities: This list may not include, but is not limited to::
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the overall management and success of the Rose Lane staff ( Memory Care) Program to provide the hands-on care to the Rose Lane resident to include staffing of the 24/7 /365 Rose lane Unit to meet safety, care and oversight needs meeting regulatory ratios.
* Implement and maintain an effective orientation program for new
employees in the Rose Lane unit.
* Coordinate and oversee the ongoing staff continuing education program and specialized dementia training for each Rose Lane staff person.
* Schedule/track required CPR/first Aid, fire training, CNA and CMA
credentialing and competency training in required time intervals.
* Oversee all processes involving staffing to include interviewing, hiring, developing, supervising, promoting, disciplining, and terminating when needed in order to provide complete? compassionate caregivers for the Rose Lane resident population.
* Participate in and oversee employee performance evaluations with
recommendations to the Executive Director
* Upon admission, create the new resident’s individualized care plan documenting in the Eldermark program and communicating to staff for implementation.
* Meet with other resident service department managers/staff to ensure coordinated integrated care and services.
* Participate in the community’s surveys (Inspections) as may be requested.
* Oversee safety of the unit. Complete incident reports in a timely manner and trend the unit’s incident reports for continuous improvement.
* Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, compassion and enrichment.
* Provide and oversee quality medication oversight and hands-on care to ensure that residents’ physical and emotional needs are met.
* Provide direct care as needed.
* Ensure that the unit, work areas and residents rooms are clean/fresh, safe and sanitary.
* Review resident Level of Care plans for appropriate goals, i.e. physical, mental/emotional, social and spiritual needs. Initiate and conduct Level of Care conferences with family members on agreed upon basis to keep them informed of changing care needs and if needed, additional charges.
* Edit staff documentation for accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness.
* Ensure that documentation is consistent with the residents care plan.
* Coordinate and partner with health are professionals to integrate care as needed. (To include home health, physicial nurse practitioner, hospice, etc.)
* Develop and maintain a good working rapport with other departments within our Community and outside community agencies to assure that the program can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
* Assist in the development of: and participation in, regularly scheduled
orientation and in-service training programs.
* Interview residents/families as necessary, to better provide personalized care, to meet Resident’s need. Involve Residents’ families in program planning when possible.
* Maintain regular communication with Residents’ family members through the use of: Letters home (Monthly notes, activity calendar mailings or newsletter), regular telephone calls, family gatherings, service plan meetings, and bi-monthly Family meetings.
* Assist families in arranging transportation and escorts for field trips, appointments and to other residences whenever necessary.
* Maintain budgetary guidelines to include staffing and supplies. Assist in the development of the annual budget as necessary.
* Participate in the assessment of prospective Residents.
OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures. Fire and safety procedures. State food handling requirements. Knowledge of Food Service services or equipment operation as relates to Rose Lane nourishment, office equipment (fax, photocopier and telephone). Operation of computer programs, necessary to produce newsletter/ calendar and other media.