Must have senior living experience. :
Maristone of Franklin is seeking a Director of Culinary Services (Dining Services) to manage the dining service operations of our 57 apartment senior living community. This position manages the front and back of house staff.:
* Exempt (Salaried Position)
* Benefits Include: Paid Time Off, 401(k), Health, Vision, Dental, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Accident, Critical Illness, Long and Short Term Disability
Keywords: Assisted Living, Senior Living, Dining, Dining Services, Dining Director, Culinary, Meals, Cooking, Executive Chef, Supervision, Manager, Leader, Instructor, Instructs, Manages, Food, Restaurant, Cook, Supervisor, Supervisory, Management
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills. Assure optimal nutritional value, exceptional taste, outstanding presentation of all meals served at community; excellent dining room service; proper food inventory; a clean and sanitary kitchen and dining room area; and assure adherence to Dining Services Department budget.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Have a Culinary Arts degree and two (2) years’ experience in direct food preparation and presentation or five (5) years’ high-volume cooking and fine dining experience or equivalent experience.
* Have two years relevant management experience.
* Have ability to perform basic mathematical functions as necessary to order supplies, convert recipes, etc.
* Must be certified in ServSafe Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) or Food Safe, or obtain certification within thirty (30) days of hire date.
* Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Meet state or provincial health related requirements.
* Maintain current food handlers permit as required by state or provincial regulations.
* Maintain any other certifications as required by state or provincial regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assure adherence to highest food related safety and sanitation standards.
* Assure residents are served nutritious, appetizing, and attractive meals three times daily, seven days per week according to Company menus and recipes as well as physician orders for diet, diet texture, and liquid thickness.
* Assure availability of nutritious, appetizing, and attractive snacks 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
* Assure a stable dining services staff of optimum quality and quantity by recruiting, hiring, supervising, evaluating, counseling, and if necessary, terminating team members.
* Assure dining services staff is appropriately educated and trained.
* Complete scheduling/staffing of dining services positions.
* Supervise front and back of the house Dining Services operations to include the Bistro and Coffee Stop.
* Supervise dining service staff to assure food preparation, serving, table setting, dishwashing, and kitchen cleaning are satisfactorily completed on a daily basis.
* Operate the Dining Services Department within the food and labor budget through careful planning and purchasing of food and equipment; inventory control; maintenance of records; and food costs computation forms.
* Plan all food preparation according to Vitality menus and recipes; exercising judgment in monitoring weekly and extended menus and food production worksheets.
* Employ skills and imagination in creating enjoyable mealtimes for residents through outstanding plate presentation, display cooking, and using leftovers in a time-safe and creative manner.
* Educate team members in sanitary food handling and safe work methods procedures and assure adherence to these procedures.
* Monitor and schedule cleaning and maintenance routines for all food service areas and kitchen equipment to maintain highest safety/sanitation standards.
* Maintain timely and accurate documentation and submission of reports and invoices regarding the budget, inventory, and other dining services as required by the Company.
* Participate in the daily and weekly community management meetings to communicate dining services issues.
* Assist in planning menus for Bistro and for special events.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
* Adhere to all community policies and procedures.
* Maintain resident, team member, and community information in strict confidence (with community management or other team members as necessary).
* Perform all assigned work for the agreed-upon salary, accepting no additional payment or gifts from residents, vendors, or others.
* Adhere to dress/appearance code. (Changes in attire may be permitted for special circumstances as directed by supervisor.)
* Promote resident advocacy and demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
* Serve as a role model for other team members by displaying a responsible, cooperative, respectful, and positive attitude.
* Represent the community in the community at large in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
* Demonstrate ability to perform duties under time constraints and deadlines.
* Attend education and training classes as required by state or provincial regulations.