If you would like to work in a positive environment and use your talents and experience to make a difference in the lives of seniors, we'd like to hear from you! Working with us, you will be part of a dynamic and talented team dedicated to the highest standards of excellence and quality of care. You’ll also be supported by an industry leading organization that is committed to quality services and treating people with dignity and respect.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS::
* A passion for helping seniors
* A desire to contribute to a positive atmosphere in the community for residents, family friends, and all team members.
The nurse is a licensed professional employee who provides services to help maintain and strengthen a residents independence and dignity in a family life atmosphere. This employee will give medical assistance when needed, assist with social maladjustments or any other situations developing. The nurse will supervise and direct all Resident Assistants.
* Must be a licensed practical nurse from an accredited school
* Current licensure by the NJ State Board of Nurse Examiners
* Geriatric experience preferred but not mandatory.
* Should understand and respect the need for confidentiality in regard to the details of his/her work.
* Interest in and caring attitude toward all residents.
* Associate degree or equivalent form a 2-year college or technical; or 6 months 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS::
The duties of this position include the following:
* Ability to supervise and motivate others.
* Willing to work at stated times including flexible hours.
* Ability to work under minimal supervision.
* A self-starter.
* Understand and respect the need for confidentiality in regard to the details of his/her work.
* Ability to work well with others in the medical profession (Administrator, Marketing, Dietary, Facilities).
* Maintain a high level of professionalism and courtesy toward all families, residents, co-workers and visitors.
* Respond to resident requests and call bells promptly for emergencies and appropriately.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and to make quick decisions.
* Ability to deal with emergencies quickly and efficiently.
* Ability to maintain accurate and legible records such as nurses notes, incident reports, 24 hour reports and medication records.
* Familiar with Department of Health regulations for personal care.
* Utilize holistic approach in all aspects of care.
* Assist residents with all medications according to established procedures.
* Complete all treatments ordered by physicians.
* Make medical assessments requiring physician attention by nursing communication form appropriately.
* Make decisions related to medical emergencies for residents, staff and visitors.
* Exhibit professional, service-oriented attitude.
* Knowledge of policies and procedures of the community.
* Attend regularly scheduled meetings and in-service as directed.
* Supervise serving of meals; monitor DR during meals to be available to handle emergencies and monitor residents appetites.
* Attempt to replace nursing staff call out for the following shift.
* Keep work areas orderly and clean.
* Assist any physician who comes to facility to see patients. Contact primary physician before consulting any specialist, i.e. psychiatrist, cardiologist, therapist, etc.
* Ability to work well with other departments, Administrator, marketing, Dietary and Facilities.
* Set good examples for PCAs by showing good taste in attire, language and demeanor.
* Monitor quality of care given by PCAs and help teach them correct ones.
* Make adjustments on RA assignments PRN.
* Use positive reinforcement techniques with PCAs as well as corrective ones.
* Teach PCAs correct use of equipment and assistive devices as needed by residents.
* Read communication book form days off.
* Rotate wing assignments monthly.
* Be flexible to adjust to changes in routines and procedures as community grows and changes.
* Follow up immediately if resident returns from doctors appointment without paperwork.
* Equipment is to be handled and put away properly.
* All resident services staff may not take a break at the same time a staff member is to be available for calls.
* Help in any area as needed i.e., direct assistance with AOLs, meals, activities, cleaning, laundry, etc.
* Perform other duties as assigned.