NO LATE EVENINGS!
PRN - This position will cover ass needed until a full-time position opens.
This position will also handle some server duties.
Keywords: Chef, Cook, Cooking, Dining, Restaurant, Cafe, Diner, Food Preparation, Server, Waiter, Waitress, Dining Room, Eating, Food
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Prepare nutritious, appetizing, and attractive meals. Work as a team member with other team members to assure efficient and safe operation of the kitchen and the dining room.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Have two years experience in institutional or full service restaurant cooking.
* Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Meet state or provincial health related requirements.
* Maintain food handlers permit as required by state or provincial regulations.
* Maintain any other certifications as required by state or provincial regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review menus and Daily Food Production Record for instructions.
* Prepare meals that are nutritious, appetizing, and attractive according to Brightwater menus and recipes as well as to physician orders for diet, diet texture, and liquid thickness.
* Adhere to all food-related safety/sanitation procedures.
* Adhere to portion control policies.
* Assure food and supplies are available for meals planned.
* Supervise preparation of serving carts.
* Prepare and serve food attractively and punctually.
* Adhere to proper procedures for covering, dating, labeling, and storing of food in timely manner.
* Complete leftover logs.
* Clean kitchen after meals according to the cleaning schedule including preparation and service areas, pots and pans, kitchen surfaces, walls, and floors.
* Resolve resident food complaints as required.
* Supervise dining services staff in absence of the Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Chef.