The Director of Business Services must be familiar with company policies and procedures related to billing, accounts receivable, census processing, employee payroll, employee records processing and benefits administration. This position is responsible for processing information and sending it to Artis in a timely manner. He/she interfaces with the Executive Director, CFO and Concierge as well as provides verbal and written reports to the Executive Director and Artis.
Essential Position Functions:
* Oversees processing of accounts receivable, adjustments, private and third party agencies, and census information.
* Manages resident funds and maintains confidential files.
* Processes information according to predetermined deadlines.
* Manages accounts receivable collections for past due resident accounts.
* Provides written Past Due Report concerning resident accounts to the Executive Director.
* Supervises Concierge Associates and creates schedule.
* Insures that all new employees have been thoroughly interviewed and have reference checks on file.
* Assures that each employee file contains a signed acknowledgment or receipt of an employee handbook.
* Insures no employee works more than three days without presenting proper I-9 identification.
* Assures that all new employees receive a standard orientation, along with detailed explanation of appropriate health insurance and benefit information. Also verifies that orientations are documented and filed accordingly.
* Insures that all new employees are enrolled on the payroll in accordance with Artis policy.
* Performs all responsibilities of the location’s Benefit Designee.
* Assures that I-9 information is complete, current and in compliance with federal law.
* Assures all personnel information including files, I-9 information, and payroll are in compliance with Artis policy and are maintained in a secure area.
* Posts and updates all federal and state labor notices.
* Performs exit interviews.
* Immediately reports work-related injury/incidents to the insurance company in accordance with Artis policies and procedures.
* Assures that all staff are familiar with Worker’s Compensation procedures and reporting.
* Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
* Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
* Answer all incoming calls and greets visitors appropriately.
* Performs all other duties as requested.
* High school degree or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years experience in bookkeeping is preferred.
* Additional coursework in accounting/finance is recommended.
* Must have demonstrated administration experience and a working knowledge of current labor laws and human resource management.
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.