We are hiring!:
1 Full-time (64hrs/PP), PM shift :
1 Full-time, NOC shift
Are you passionate about caring for elderly, making a difference everyday in the life of another? If so, Grace Edgewood is the place for you! We are seeking a team member that will embody our philosophy and mission of enhancing dignity and growth by providing quality Christian-based care.
We are looking for a team member that will round out our dedicated work force.
Why do employees enjoy working for Grace Lutheran Communities?
• 403B match for employees that work 20+ hours a week- up to 6% 403B match after 1 year of employment
• Accrual PTO immediately
• Tuition Reimbursement options
• Great benefit package-Medical, Dental and Vision
• Life Insurance- full time employees are eligible for 1.5X their annual salary
Apply now and join our growing team!:
To provide an atmosphere conducive to harmonious group living but respectful of individuality, and assist with individualized care plans and assignment sheets, according to established policies, procedures and objectives of the organization.
Special Features/Requirements (license, certificates, etc.)::
Completion of CBRF training within 6 months of employment, previous nursing assistance training/experience; follows/adheres to organization, federal/state regulations and guidelines, including Resident/Client Rights; maintains neat, well groomed appearance adhering to dress code of organization/program.
* Personal care (manicures, bathing, dressing) of individuals requiring assistance
* Provides daily orientation to resident
* Facilitate activity group, serves meals, snacks, cleans kitchen/dining room area
* Shift report
* Assist with medications as indicated, charting, health monitoring (blood pressures, weights, temperatures)
* Telephone answering and transferring calls
* Verbal communication with residents, families, pharmacists, medical and facility staff
* Arrange for transfer of resident to medical facility if needed
* Has access to confidential information/records and maintains confidentiality
* Projects a positive image of the organization in dealing with resident/sclients, co-workers, and the public
* Documentation appropriate to cares, needs
Physical Requirements (based on essential functions)::
Lifts no more than 15 pounds in the event of a resident fall; trained in use of mechanical lift; frequently lifts and carries 10-25 pounds (dishes, food containers); occasionally pushes/pulls furnishings weighing 60 pounds; frequently twists, stoops, bends, squats, occasionally kneels, frequently reaches above, at or below shoulder height; 60% of work day is spent walking, 30% standing, 10% sitting. Must be able to communicate orally and/or in writing with residents, co-workers, families, and public.
Distribute mail, inventory and stock supplies, make beds, change bed linen, laundry and/or housekeeping duties, errands; assist with scheduled activities; provide 1:1, other duties as assigned.