Come join our team! :
EOE/Drug Free Workplace
Join our Affinity family! We VALUE our employees! We offer a fun, friendly, and relaxed work environment! Join a company who utilizes innovative and advanced technology! Innovative clinical software in place! Say goodbye to paper charts and HELLO to MatrixCare! Come join our growing team! We offer competitive benefits with company paid life insurance, free telemedicine, employee appreciation programs, and free continuing education through our Affinity Academy.:
Nature and Scope:
Responsible for setting tables, bussing tables, washing dishes, assisting the cook as needed and completing cleaning duties.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
* Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
* Obtain Food Handlers Permit (as required by State regulations).
* Must complete Food Service Manual Training and follow all required guidelines as set forth by the Health Department.
* Must understand and follow therapeutic diet orders for residents.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
* Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
* Practice and promote Affinity Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Prepare, wash and store dishes, pots and pans, kitchen equipment following Company procedures.
* Perform kitchen cleaning duties including but not limited to dishwashing area, floors, walls, equipment, storage areas, prep areas, outside receiving and dumpster areas.
* Set up serving carts for each meal as required.
* Help serve meals to residents’ tables following Company procedures including proper diet orders.
* Assist in bussing tables and prepare dishes for washing.
* Clean dining room tables and chairs as needed.
* Vacuum and clean dining room area.
* Set tables for next meal.
* Prepare water carafes and distribute to each table.
* Focus on good customer service in regard to food service.
* Deliver trays to resident apartments as needed.
* Works as a part of the dietary team to ensure a smooth, efficient and safe operation of the kitchen.
* Responsible for ensuring that all employees are providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
* Perform job duties for residents and with team members in a courteous and professional manner.
* Take initiative to ensure resident safety and satisfaction is a priority.
* Meet and greet visitors in a friendly, helpful manner (Visitors include anyone who visits the community; specifically, current residents’ families and friends, prospective residents and their families, referral sources, vendors and regulators).
* Answer phones appropriately, according to company and community standards.
* Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
* Attend training sessions as directed by supervisor.
* Adheres to prescribed sanitation practices and procedures.
* Performs similar or related duties as required or directed.
* Follow company policies and procedures.
* The job description provides a framework for the job; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Working conditions (travel, hours, environment):
* Scheduled hours; possible overtime. May work in other positions temporarily when necessary.
* Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
* Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., through the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, and other air contaminants.
* May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
* Medium work: ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents and staff.
* Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within the community.
OSHA category classification:
II: Potential for exposure to blood borne pathogen.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.