A clinical competent registered professional nurse who delivers patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. Prescribes, delegates and coordinates the nursing care provided to patients throughout the health system. Effectively interacts with the patient, significant others, and health care team members while maintaining the standards of professional nursing.
- Handle multiple concurrent patient complaints, concerns and issues
- Formulate nursing care plans.
- Administer medications within the scope of RN practice.
- Assist physician with invasive/ non-invasive procedures performed in the department.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of all equipment and procedures/treatments generally used in the care of emergent patients.
- Document/Communicate pertinent information regarding patient condition.
- Provide direction and supervision to LPN's, POCT's and other ancillary staff
- Perform crisis intervention.
- Monitor and ensure the accurate and timely completion of physician orders.
- Perform defibrillation, cardioversion, and external pacing effectively/safely.
- Provide assistance in order to provide efficiencies in the ED and get the patient's length of stay in the ED decreased.
Perform other duties as requested.
Current R.N. licensure for Ohio and maintain.Must have strong critical thinking skills.BLS Certification (Mandatory) ACLS Certification (Mandatory within 6 months)
PALS Certification (Mandatory within 6 months)
Previous nursing experience preferredAbility to work independently
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.