Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization.
The CMA (Certified Medication Aide) assists in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Director of Nursing Services. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of this facility, and the requirements of the State of Iowa Regulatory agencies.
* Follows the standards of medication administration (5 rights).
* Prepares, administers, and documents regularly prescribed oral medications.
* Reports any noted drug reactions to a licensed nurse.
* Takes and records necessary vital signs as ordered by physician and/or directed by the licensed nurse.
* Utilizes drug references as needed with direction of licensed nurse.
* Notifies licensed nurse of any medications error, assists licensed nurse with completion of medication error as directed.
* Notifies licensed nurse to review orders and for direction on questionable Medication order forms.
* Completes proper charting accurately and completely; performs other administrative duties related to resident care in an efficient and timely manner.
* Provide supervision and leadership to other nursing service personnel assigned to the shift and unit when applicable; meet with nursing personnel on a regular basis to identify and correct problem areas and to assist in improving nursing services.
* Sets high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs, builds and maintains relationships with residents, communicates with residents in a genuine manner using appropriate verbiage, and establishes good rapport with the residents.
* Maintain resident confidentiality and privacy; treats residents with kindness, dignity and respect; knows and complies with Residents Rights rules; and promptly reports all resident grievances to management.
* Assists as directed in proper admission, transfer and discharge of residents; assists the nursing assistants with providing resident care as directed by licensed nurse.
* Understands and follows established Universal Precaution guidelines, infection control and safety rules; ensures cleanliness of assigned residents rooms; displays an awareness of cleanliness and proper maintenance at all drug carts/rooms and to maintain a clean working environment; maintains a locked medication room and/ or cart when unattended; reports hazardous conditions or equipment to the appropriate person; follows established safety rules, and fire and disaster procedures.
* Attends and participates in orientation, training, educational activities and staff meetings.
* Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our core values.
* Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
* Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Education and Experience
* Must be 18 years of age.
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Certified Med Aide in the State of Iowa 9which (incudes current CNA certification).
* CPR Certification (preferred).