To prepare and serve food in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and facility policies. Supervises food production and presentation.
* One (1) year dietary experience in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or related medical facility preferred (but not necessary).
* Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures.
* Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Complies with established departmental policy and procedure and governmental regulations.
* Review menu extensions prior to preparation of foods.
* Suggest menu changes to assist Corporate Dietitian in development of menus.
* Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus, including therapeutic extensions.
* Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
* Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
* Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes.
Perform other related duties as assigned.