Full Time 2nd Shift-3pm-11p:
Full Time 3rd Shift- 11p-7a:
Part-Time all Shifts:
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct care to the residents of this facility. Under the direction of the RN/LPN on duty, or as assigned by the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator, you are to assist in carrying out the resident’s daily plan of care, in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations which govern our facility to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Provides quality nursing care to residents in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice and individuality as illustrated by the following:
* Provides individualized attention, which encourages each resident’s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
* Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and provides support to the residents according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the resident’s needs and preferences.
* Attends to the individual needs of residents, which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, and range of motion, communicating or other needs in keeping with the individual’s care.
* Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of residents in the delivery of services to them. Interacts with residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
* Fully understands all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents’ rights.
* Assists in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies to the charge nurse.
* Protects the personal belongings of each resident, including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing and memorabilia. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy and participates in efforts to locate missing items.
* Observes residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly reports these changes to appropriate licensed nursing personnel.
* Provides care that maintains each resident’s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents and by applying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas.
* Answers call lights promptly and courteously.
* Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse, including checking vital signs, weighing residents, applying creams/ointments and collecting specimens.
* Assists with orienting residents and their families to the nursing home or admission and to the unit when transfers occur.
* Lifts, moves and transports residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
* Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
* Assists and escorts residents for appointments such as at the beauty shop or attending activities or church services. Participates in activities and functions as directed.
* Practices careful and efficient use of supplies and linen and follows established charge procedures.
* Communicate openly with supervising nurse.
* Participate in educational in-service opportunities.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Must be able to lift using good technique and be in good physical condition.
* Must be able to lift 75 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day.
* Must have knowledge of and utilize good body mechanics.
* Must be able to be on feet and walk at least 90% of time while on duty.
* Must have current, valid C.N.A. certification.
The Americans with Disability Act prohibits discrimination against a qualified individual with a disability. To be qualified for this position an individual must meet the following standards and/or be able to perform the essential functions.
* Frequently lift or move objects and residents weighing over 50lbs.
* Occasional exposition to a variety of resident conditions and elements.
* Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day.: