Sales and Marketing:
* Responsible for achievement of occupancy goals.
* Responsible for planning, implementing, and participating in community and Cottage events.
* Performs duties assigned by the Managing Director in implementation of marketing plan strategies with in budgetary controls.
* Achieves individual residency agreement signing, and move in goals.
* Achieves closing of move in/contract signing.
* Implements changes in community relations, sales and marketing operating procedures.
* Interprets Cottage philosophy to the public including other health agencies
New Resident Family Education, Resident Assessment, Service Plan Development :
* Performs all new Resident family and Resident contact, including but not limited to the initial inquiry calls, off and on-site visits, and community tours.
* Performs all entering resident assessments.
* Develops Resident initial service plans and recommends and assists in developing and promoting additional service offerings.
* Coordinates new Resident transition from hospital, rehab facility, home or other location.
* Responsible for assisting the Managing Director in maintaining optimal health and welfare of the Residents – with specific responsibilities for Residents within the first 30 days of occupancy.
* Maintains ongoing liaison with hospital and health agencies.
* Responsible for promoting the health and wellness of Resident family members through consultation and educational programming supportive of their care-giving roles.
Financial Management :
* Reviews all community relations, sales and marketing expenditures, establishing priorities, and recommending necessary changes.
* Prepares annual community relations, marketing, and sales plans and budgets.
* Contributes the production of monthly financial statements in consultation with financial staff.
* Authorizes the development and purchase of media and other supports for the achievement and maintenance of Cottage occupancy.
* Negotiates and prepares contracts with community relations, marketing and sales consultants, outside marketing, and sales vendors.
* Discusses with the Managing Director issues concerning programs of service, policy changes, and other suggestions for improving marketing and sales success.
* Assists Managing Director with discussions with the Management Company concerning program and policy changes.
* Provides regular education and training opportunities for groups and individuals in the community on a regular basis.
* Trains staff in Cottage Way of visitor welcome and orientation.
* Continues professional growth through current literature, institutes, workshops, and membership in professional organizations.
* Fully understands the fire, safety, and emergency procedures of the Cottage.
* Provides the Managing Director with accurate and timely sales and marketing information.
* Prepares recommendations of ensuring budget year, interprets the budgetary guidelines to staff and maintains control over expenditures working within the current budgetary guidelines for community relations, sales, and marketing.
* Ensures all marketing and community relations communications are accurately and timely notated in the marketing database system.
Position Specific Competencies:
* Excellent verbal and written communication, including listening skills.
* Strong customer service skills – both internal and external.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Clear understanding of the problems of aging and interested in creating an atmosphere of continuous improvement in health, wellness, and life quality among all members of the Cottage family.
* Initiative and drive to continuously improve.
* Must have an overall “caring” personality and attitude.
* RN, LPN, or BS-SW (required for some locations); Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4 year University preferred.
* Proficiency in MS Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and CRM.
* Personal and/or professional experience with the elderly.
* Able to meet criteria for certifications as Geriatric Care Manager with American Association of Geriatric Care Management.
* Will be regular in attendance, with the right attitude and attire.
* Must be able to lift 75 pounds unassisted and 125 pounds per person in a two person lift.
* Must demonstrate proper body mechanics when required to lift or assist in a lift.
* Good mental and physical health, grooming, appropriate professional manner and conduct.
* Valid driver’s license in the state of employment required.
* Ability and willingness to drive a non-commercial 8 passenger van.
* Must be ready, willing, and able to recognize the needs of the Cottage.
We are a drug-free workplace. We do perform criminal background checks and substance abuse testing.