Administer or assist residents to self-administer medications and treatments, measure weight and vital signs, and perform other health services tasks. Communicate with physicians, implement physician orders, and report and document pertinent information. Adhere to home health, hospice, and emergency protocols. Act as community supervisor when management staff is not present. Supervise Personal Care Specialists to ensure daily completion of their duties.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
* Must be at least 21 years old.
* Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Meet state or provincial health related requirements.
* Maintain current professional license if LPN/LVN.
* Maintain current CPR certification if LPN/LVN.
* Maintain any other certifications as required by state or provincial regulations.
* Administer or assist residents to self-administer medications and treatments.
* Measure vital signs and weight.
* Collect, store, and ensure transport of certain specimens for laboratory studies.
* Adhere to all medication room systems per policy.
* Communicate with physicians via telephone, fax, and Physician Communication forms.
* Implement physician orders.
* Ensure physician orders, laboratory reports, and other data is scanned and filed in resident charts.
* Document pertinent information in Nursing Notes and elsewhere per policy (e.g., incident reports).
* Communicate with Director of Wellness per policy.
* Adhere to home health and hospice protocols.
* Adhere to emergency protocols, including performing CPR and administering first aid as necessary.
* Act as community supervisor when management staff is not present.
* Supervise Personal Care Specialists to ensure daily completion of their duties.
* Assist in the development and revision of service plans by informing Director of Wellness of current resident needs and preferences as well as successful service approaches.
* Take notice of resident concerns (as reported by Personal Care Specialists or Medication Attendants, as listed in observation and reporting sections of Medication Assistant Resource or in service plans) and report such problems to Director of Wellness.
* Read Communication Log at beginning of each shift; enter pertinent information in Communication Log by end of each shift.
* Read Shift Change Notes at beginning of each shift; enter pertinent information in Shift Change Notes by end of each shift.
* Perform other duties as directed by Director of Wellness.