Belle Maison seeks to hire an LPN for a permanent part-time position.:
Required license or Certification::
Provide direct nursing care to the residents and supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current Federal, State, and Local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to maintain the highest degree of quality care at all times.
Essential Job Functions::
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
* Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care industry.
* Confirm that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with the written policies and procedures established by this facility.
* Meet with your assigned nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in planning the shift’s services, programs and activities.
* Make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the activities of your shift, as required.
* Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services be certain that the resident’s total regimen of care is maintained.
* Verify that all nursing service personnel are in compliance with their respective job descriptions.
* Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the facility’s quality assurance program for the nursing department.
* Participate in surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies.
* Periodically review the resident’s written discharge plan. Participate in the updating of the resident’s written discharge plan, as required.
* Assist in planning the nursing portion of the resident’s discharge plan, as necessary.
* Admit, transfer, and discharge residents, as required.
* Complete accident/incident reports, as necessary.
Charting and Documentation
* Complete and file required forms/charts upon resident’s admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
* Encourage attending physicians to review treatment plans, record and sign their orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance with established policies.
* Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the Physicians’ Order Form.
* Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, cardex, medication cards, and treatment/care plans, as required.
* Chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to care.
* Record new/changed diet orders. Forward information to the Dietary Department.
* Report all discrepancies noted concerning physician’s orders, diet change, charting error, etc., to the Nurse Supervisor.
* Fill out and complete transfer forms in accordance with established procedures.
* Enter appropriate documentation concerning unauthorized discharges in the resident’s medical record in accordance with established procedures.
* Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
* Sign and date all entries made in the resident’s medical record.
* Write nurses’ notes to reflect that the care plan is being followed when administering nursing care or treatment.
* Licensed Practical Nurse with current state license.
* Excellent technical, assessment and documentation skills.
* Good Leadership qualities.
* Organized and detailed in work performance.
* Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
* Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
* Comply with the Residents Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
* Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
* Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
THIS FACILITY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE RECRUIT, HIRE, TRAIN AND EMPLOY WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION DUE TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, DISABILITY, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, OBLIGATION TO SERVE IN THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL OR STATE LAW.